The NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in Occupational Health and Safety is an internationally recognized qualification that will provide you with a broad understanding of key health and safety issues.
The IGC syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international standards, such as the International Labour Organization (ILO) codes of practice. Local laws and cultural factors form part of the study programme where relevant and appropriate.
The qualification is:
• Relevant to every workplace
• Ideal for managers, supervisors, or anybody with health and safety management responsibilities
• Perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career
The course covers
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NEBOSH International General Certificate covers the core skills you need, wherever in the world you work. You will learn:
• How to effectively manage health and safety
• How to identify and control common workplace hazards
• How to measure if you’ve been successful
• Relevant key international standards
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organization.
Assessment is a two-step process:
• IG1 – An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario based and will include a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission.
• IG2 – A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.
Assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.