This training programme is designed for all personnel who will be assigned work that requires handling chemicals. It also describes the importance of looking at labels, understanding chemical hazards, Safety Data Sheet and how to work safely around chemicals.
Aims & Structure
The aim and objectives of Chemical Handling Training programme is to give the basic understanding on preparing and importance of inventory of chemical used in the workplace. Identify the types and characteristics of chemical, identify the hazards, assess risk and implement adequate control measure.
No pre-requisites are required.
Delegates will receive theoretical knowledge in the following areas:
• Introduction – what the law says/Basic steps in Chemical handling
• Definitions of basic terms
• Hazard identification/characteristics and inventory of workplace Chemicals:
• Chemical hazard communication in oil & gas
• Hazardous material – Flash Point
• Handling chemical spills
• Physical classifications and/or Categories of Hazardous chemicals
• Incompatible chemicals
• Proper storage of flammable chemicals
• Short/long term effects on employees/Safety data Sheets (SDS) and Chemical Risk assessment
• Control of chemical hazards using the hierarchy of hazard control Safe disposal of hazardous chemicals and emergency situations
• Atmospheric testing and Health surveillance of employees exposed to hazardous chemicals
Rigworld approved certification for Chemical Handling will be issued on successful completion of the training programme. The validity of the certificate is three years.
Items to Bring:
All delegates must bring Photographic I.D. – PASSPORT only (original or copy)
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
Delegates should report to reception for 07.45hrs, course starts at 08.00hrs, unless otherwise
Rigworld Training Center, Off Kejebril Township, Ahanta West,