The Rigworld Training Center (RTC) was launched in Takoradi, Ghana on the 15th November in the presence of over 700 distinguished guests from within industry and government, including former President Flt. Lt. Jerry John Rawlings and his daughter Dr Ezenator Rawlings and the Vice President of the Western Regional House of Chiefs. Speeches were given to commemorate the event from Mr Egbert Faibille Jnr, Acting CEO of the Petroleum Commission; Per Goebel, Vice President at Maersk Drilling; and Dr Kofi Abban, CEO and Founder of Rigworld International Services. The day included a tour of the facilities and a live demonstration of the international standard training on offer such as confined space entry and rescue, helicopter underwater escape drill and firefighting.
The center, valued at $8.5 million, is fully equipped with advanced simulators, helipad, water survival training pool, medical center, prime onsite accommodation, restaurant and fitness center. Located in the heart of the oil and gas sector in Ghana, it will be an asset within the West African region, leading to increased safety and productivity in the extractive industries while building local capacity, skills and employment.
Top international training experts with operational excellence have been selected to lead the programs that will be offered, including:
- Survival Training (Offshore)
- (BOSIET, T-BOSIET, BOSIET with CA EBS, FOET, FOET with EBS, HUET, T-HUET, HUET with CA EBS)
- Rope Access Training
- Well Control / Intervension Training
- Drilling Well Control Program
- Lifting Competence Training
- (Banksman and Slinging, Rigging and Lifting, Crane Operator Training)
- NDT Training
- HSE Training
- (IOSH Managing Safely, IOSH Working Safely, *NEBOSH IGC, *NEBOSH Oil and Gas Technical Certificate, Manual Handling, Work at Height, Rescue at Height, Confined Space Entry and Rescue)
- Safety Consultancy
- BFPA Hose Assembly Tra